Sunday, May 10, 2015

UJIAN TENGAH SEMESTER GASAL ENGLISH 2

UJIAN TENGAH SEMESTER GASAL

2014/2015
English_Bahasa_Inggris_2
English 2 (Bahasa Inggris II)

MATA KULIAH     : ENGLISH 2
HARI / TANGGAL : SABTU 2 MEI 2015
SIFAT                      : OPEN BOOK
WAKTU                  : 60 MENIT


I. Fill in with who, which, whose, and what

  1. Maria refused to be reasonable about the delay, which made me very angry.
  2. He said that what they don't realize is that a large percentage of unemployment is due to inflation
  3. Toshiro ordered an enormous steak, which he ate all by himself.
  4. Will the person whose car is parked in front of the door please call the operator?
  5. The president was interested in visiting Prince Rupert, who has been a good friend of his for many years.
  6. Mr. Thompson's truck, which is made of wood, is at least forty years old.
  7. The manager didn't know what was happening behind his back.
  8. Jennifer is a very selfish person, which is why her husband left her.
  9. Mr. Gross, whose taste is not at all like mine, just bought an orange and pink suit.
  10. The Lady who called to cancel the order was really very pleasant about it.

II. Fill in with conditional sentences.

  1. If we had time, we will paint the house.
  2. If he were a rich man, she would marry him.
  3. He would tell you if he knew the answer.
  4. I should go at once if I were you.
  5. We would be late if the car was broken down.
  6. You would fall if you tried to climb that tree.
  7. If you spoke English there, no one would understand you.
  8. If I lived in America, I would like to be a cowboy.
  9. If the bridge was broken, we would fall into the river.
  10. If there was another pen like this, I would buy it.
  11. I would not live in this pond if I were a fish.
  12. He would help you with the work if he could
  13. If she saw you now, she will scold you.
  14. If the lights went out, I would not be able to finish my work.
  15. If I had an axe, I would lend it to you.

III. Change into indirect speech.

  1. "I think they are leaving tomorrow," he replied.
    He replied that he thinks they are leaving tomorrow.
  2. Peter said, "We come here very often."
    Peter said that they came here very often.
  3. The postmaster said, "The mail will arive at noon today."
    The postmaster said that the mail will arive at noon today.
  4. The girls said, "We have been busy since yesterday."
    The girls said that they had been busy since yesterday.
  5. "This puppy is mine," the little boy said.
    That puppy were his, the little boy said.
  6. Joan said, "I'm wailing for Swee Lan."
    Joan said that he is wailing for Swee Lan.
  7. "The train will be leaving soon," he warned us.
    He warned us that the train will be leaving soon.
  8. "We've left our bags at the station," they told me.
    They told me that we've left our bags at the station.
  9. He said, "I've finished this exercise."
    He finished that exercise, he said.
  10. "She quarelled with her neighbour last night," they told me.
    They told me that she quarelled with her neighbour las night.
  11. "We must reach there by 7 o'clock tonight," she told them.
    She told them that they must reach there by 7 o'clock tonight.
  12. "She has a mole on her right cheek," he said.
    He said that she has a mole on her right cheek.
  13. The little girl cried, "He took my doll!"
    The little girl cried beacuse he took her doll.
  14. Mr. Smith said, "I'm sure you can do it."
    Mr. Smith said that he is sure you can do it.
  15. "It rolled into this hole," she told me.
    She told me that it rolled into this hole.

0 comments:

Post a Comment